Monday, October 11, 2010

Sorry!

Hey guys, sorry, I did not log on for a long time due to the fact that I was very busy with certain stuff, I agree what most of you will be thinking, not only studying right? Well, somewhat like that, yeah.
So, the exams are just 2 days away, but I am taking this time to reiterate certain key things to note during the exams and readers out there might want to follow my tips or stick to your own.
During exams, do not fret. Regardless on whether the question is hard or not, do not fret. This will cause you certain levels of distress. That is what I always feel. But the only time when you are allowed to fret is during the last 5 minutes of the paper and you are still halfway through the test. One thing to say to you, Good Game. :D
Next thing, read the questions carefully, and write properly. Do not screw up your handwriting as this will cause you many marks that will cost you your MSG and screws up your Gaming Time during the holidays. Well, actually, it is up to you. If your handwriting is already neat, then stick to it. No need to waste so much time and make it neater when yours is already legible.
Reading of questions carefully also help a lot in answering the question. I myself have encountered the problem of losing marks because I missed out on words that were like 'How' or 'Why'. I sometimes just jump to the later part of the question without even bothering to read the front part, and this has cost me about 2 marks per question read wrongly?
Anyways, tactics are up to you. Studying and knowing your points are just totally up to self. If you do not revise, but think that you know everything, then that's too bad for you. Dont be so complacent, step down and give your brain some time to refresh its memory on the past topics.
To HwaChongians(though I think no one will heed this LOL):
Remember, during Lit Test, follow the SPECS and SLIMS. Forgot what they are? Good thing Im here.
S-Subject Matter
P-Purpose
E-Emotion
C-Craftmanship
S-Summary
Under Craftmanship
S-Structure
L-Language
I-Imagery
M-Movement
S-Sound
[Thanks: Darryl Chai 2A2]
Than you will write a decent Lit essay on war poetry. Just hope that I remember it myself during the exams O.o
PAMI during History, too, is important, as it requires for certain SBQ's
P-Provenance
A-Audience
M-Mein Kampf LOL JK its Message
I-Intended Outcome
Structure of the answer itself? Depends on you. I myself am not really sure.
Good luck for your tests~

No comments:

Post a Comment