Thursday, October 14, 2010

History

Tomorrow marks the day where I put my most mugged subject to test. I have studied this subject for the most number of times in the most number of days, excluding Geography and Unseen Poetry. Damn those two papers, I hate them now...
Geography tested nothing that was in the revision guide, leading us to false conclusions about the geography paper. This is not fair and I do not think it is correct. But the teachers might have expected us to learn everything before the test.
Unseen Poetry (followed by comprehension passages) was kind of screwed up due to the fact that I was unable to understand certain parts of the poem and comprehension. But the irony in this statement, somewhat, "The doctors came up and told Brently Mallard that his wife had died from heart disease--a joy that kills." I stared at this question for quite a long time, before saying that this was uncompromisable. I am praying that my answer would at least gain me 1 mark. The unseen poetry, I hoped that I have followed the structure that my friends have thought me, I hope that I have done the right thing. But the examination for that paper is over, nothing much I can do about it anymore.
Going back to History notes:

For Inference questions:
2 Inferences + Source Evidence

For Comparison questions
1 Similarity + source Evidence
1 Difference + source Evidence
Compare purpose -similar or different ( Provenance Audience Message IntendedOutcome)

For reliability questions
Infer + source evidence (the author is saying...this can be seen from...)
Source Content (However, from my contextual knowledge, the source content is unreliable. This is because...)
Analyze the source ( Provenance Audience Message IntendedOutcome)

For usefulness
Inference (ans the question-back up with source evidence)
Contextual knowledge (what is missing that would answer the question)
Reliability (purpose ( Provenance Audience Message IntendedOutcome))
Is it still useful? (conclude yes referring to inferences)

for descriptive/explanation essays
Point Evidence Explanation Link x3
Conclude which is the most important for L5

For analysing essays
In some ways it could be argued that....
Point Evidence Explanation Link
However, it could also be argued that....
Point Evidence Explanation Link
Thus I conclude that ....
(conclude which is most important for L5)

No comments:

Post a Comment