Friday, June 25, 2010

As promised, and a single joke I've been through

As from my previous post, I promised to write my feelings and opinions about the 3 topics that I was about to talk about. Well, here goes:
If life had 20 channels..
See, according to MapleStory, quite a famous game in the world, with a few servers around it, such as MapleSEA, most worlds in the game itself has 20 channels. Getting back to the point, if real life were to be the same thing, then there would be 20 of everything. And as everyone knows, Channel one, for famously known as cc1, will be the most crowded. There will be quite a few pros and cons with this thing in place in real life. The pros are that since there is 20 of everything, then people would not have to queue up so long for toilets [ and this problem occurs only in girls toilets, i dont know why either. most probably they do their business longer ], or have to find a hard time squeezing into trains or buses. Hotels would not be so crowded, and shopping malls will be less crowded too. Unless people want to be in more crowded places, since they are more sociable, then they may be going to cc1. But there are so many good things, what are the bad ones? Well, the cons [i feel] are the trouble to change between channels. Though, iof that were to come to real life, I am sure that the changing of channels should not cause too much of a problem to do it, if not people would resent it. Then the second con of this 20 channels would be the problem of finding people. Well, you may say that one can always ask a person to see what channel he is in before traveling to the desired destination, well, yeah, I agree too. But what if the person had forgotten to tell the person which channel you are in, and so coincidentally your phone battery's runs dead? Then you would have a hard time locating where your friends are. But I think the person whom would most benefit from this are the robbers and thieves. Police pursuit them, but they can easily out run the police by simply changing channels. That's why.

What do I think? Well, I would rather NOT have this put into our lives. Lets just stick with our normal lives and have fun with it, and not try to do unnecessary changes. No one would benefit, but no one would be suffering from it. But seriously, this is a topic to consider about. A fun topic actually.

So, what about the little joke ive been through? Well, there was this one time in the third week of the June Holidays on a stormy day when my house telephones went a bit crazy. It wasnt ordinary, as it didnt happen for the past few years. So, no matter how many times I tried disconnecting the phones [which I disconnected from the wrong points -.-], the phones still could not work. So, I gave a call to my dad in the end using my HandPhone. Dad then said that he was gonna call SingTel and ask one of their people to come down to our house and chekc the problem with our phones.
Around 2pm, the guy came and started inspecting the problems with our phones. He used his own phone to call our house to see what the problem really was. Then he pulled out the microfilter in my dad's room and tested the connection again. This time, the thing was already ok, so the problem lies in my dad's room. But whats the joke? Well, in the process, he also let me see the problem myself. He dialled my house phone number and then asked me to hear. The problem was there. Then he asked me to hold his phone while he plucked out the microfilter. When I glanced at his phone home screen, I realised there was one big word on the screen.

StarHub.

Dont get the joke? I will tell you in a few sentences.
Read the first part. My dad called a guy from SingTel. But the guy that came to my house had signed up with StarHub. Isnt it like drinking Pepsi in front of a Coke manager?
No offences, but I saw this kinda funny.

Signing off~[11pm le], quite a long post le LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment